The AEN maintains three email distribution lists which are described below. Subscription to the email lists is not limited to the membership of AEN member groups, but is open to the general public allowing for broader communication of member groups' messages. There are currently three AEN email distribution lists:
|AEN-List||Press releases, action alerts, province-wide events, and general environmental information.|
|AEN-Edmonton||Edmonton and area environmental events and announcements.|
|AEN-Calgary||Calgary and area environmental events and announcements.|
Please note: All postings sent to the Edmonton and Calgary lists are also forwarded to the province-wide list.
To subscribe to any of these mailing lists, click on the name of the list above. A subscription page will open in a new window. If you have any problems with subscribing, please contact the AEN Office at admin [at] aenweb [dot] ca.
Posting to AEN Web Mailing Lists
Postings to the AEN Web Mailing Lists are accepted from AEN Member groups, as well as the community in general. Please read the guidelines below before posting to the list. Postings that do not meet the guidelines may be rejected. To post, simply send your message to the appropriate address or addresses below:
- AEN-List aen-list [at] aenweb [dot] ca
- AEN-Edmonton aen-edmonton [at] aenweb [dot] ca
- AEN-Calgary aen-calgary [at] aenweb [dot] ca
Note: Where appropriate, postings to AEN-List will be forwarded to AEN-Edmonton and AEN-Calgary, and vice versa.
- Postings are limited to environmental topics. The list moderator has the discretion to reject postings without clear environmental content.
- Postings with partisan political content will be rejected.
- Postings should be kept as small as possbile. Postings with large attachements may be rejected.
Posting format and attachments
- Plain text only -- no RTF or HTML email. Email postings are distributed to a wide variety of users. Composing messages in plain text ensures that they will be accessible by the biggest audience.
- Minimize email attachments. Please include all important details in the body of the email. If you have documents that you wish to distribute, please provide a link where they can be downloaded. As a service to member groups, AEN can host documents for download, please contact admin [at] aenweb [dot] ca for more information.
All postings should include:
- A brief, but descriptive subject header;
- Contact information for the originating poster;
All postings should not include:
- Private emails without permission.
- Copyright material without appropriate permissions. Exceptions under the doctrine of "fair dealing" will be considered.