Caucuses & Working Groups
Caucuses are the action arms of AEN. They exist for member groups to share resources and jointly work on their shared agendas. Often this involves meeting with government, industry and other relevant sectors. New caucuses & working groups can be initiated if there is sufficient need & member group interest. AEN member groups may inquire about joining a caucus, or initiating a new caucus by contacting the AEN office at admin [at] aenweb [dot] ca.
- Agriculture Caucus
- Chair: Wayne Ungstad, Friends of the Chain Lakes
- Contact the Agriculture Caucus
- Clean Air & Energy Caucus
- Chair: Ann Baran, Southern Alberta Group for the Environment
- Contact the Clean Air & Energy Caucus
- Environmental Regulatory Caucus
- Working together to address the challenges to civil society of deregulation, and to promote better and more effectively-applied environmental regulations.
- Contact the Environmental Regulatory Caucus
- Municipal Caucus
- Working together to promote improved ecological knowledge and cumulative impact awareness at the municipal land use decision-making level.
- Chair: Donna Mendelsohn, Central Athabasca Stewardship Society
- Contact the Municipal Caucus
- Toxics & Waste Avoidance Caucus
- Contact the Toxics & Waste Avoidance Caucus
- Water Caucus
- Chair: Jason Unger, Environmental Law Centre
- Contact the Water Caucus
- Coal Coalition
- Working towards a solutions-focused approach to environmental human health impacts related to coal-fired power generation and mountain/foothills coal mining in Alberta.
- Contact the Coal Coalition
- Aggregate Coalition
- Contact the Aggregate Coalition